Here is the link to my application video:
(To all of my blog’s visitor: Please visit the link above and vote! Views and votes may help me land the job of my dreams.)
I live my life to travel and would love nothing more than to be able to combine my love of travel with my work. I strongly desire to be Hamilton Island’s caretaker and I believe that I am the best candidate. Here’s why!
Travels & Experiences:
- I have traveled solo through Asia and Oceania for 7 ½ months. I’m not afraid of new adventures, and I don’t get homesick.
- During my travels I hiked to the top of Mt Fuji, explored the Great Wall of China, swam through the phosphorescence in Ha Long Bay, explored Angkor Wat, hiked through the jungle, hugged a wombat, snorkeled the Great Barrier Reef, and bushwalked Tongariro crossing.
- Through other travels and experiences, I have kayaked the waters of Vancouver, of the Mayan Riviera and of Vang Vien. I have hiked through Asia, Canada and the United States. I have dived the frigid waters of Vancouver in a dry suit and the warm waters of the Philippines. I’ve even swam with whale sharks. At home, I enjoy hiking the local mountain, snowshoeing and exploring the rugged coastline.
Writing, Photography and the Web:
- I am a blogger, and my writing has been published (“King of Drag: A Montreal Drag King Experience.” Chapter 7 in Stories from Montreal 2: Ethnographic Accounts of Life in North America’s Francophone Metropolis. Montreal: Armchair Academic Publications, 2002.).
- I am an avid photographer, and I take my camera with me everywhere I go. To view my pictures, please visit my photosteam or my sets.
- My pictures have been used in textbooks, travel books (example 1, example 2), online blogs, news website and even featured on Vogue.fr.
- I have worked as an internet manager while at The Australian Outback Collection. While employed, I amplified their online visibility and brought their website to be Google’s “I’m feeling lucky” hit. I also played an instrumental role in hiring designers and photographers, organizing photo shoots and developing catalogs and CD-ROMs. I also acted as a photographer and model , and as spokesperson during industry tradeshows.
- I am a quick learner, dependable and adaptable. I am also bilingual, which means that I can blog and film in English and French – this opens Hamilton Island up to millions of added viewers and readers.
While I have accomplished and experienced a lot, and feel that I have only scratched the surface of all that is out there. I long to put my experiences to good use and explore new countries, encounter new cultures and grow as a citizen of the world. There are so many places that I want to discover, and so many places that I want to return to.
I would love to observe the whales swim by, sail the Whitsundays and cheer during the Hamilton Race Week. I want to explore remote islands, bushwalk, swim with the thousand of fishes, feed dolphins and dive with giant manta rays. Most of all, I want to share the beauty, the incredible diversity, and the endless activities of the Great Barrier Reef and Hamilton Island with the world.
Meet me on Hamilton Island in May – you will not be disappointed!